Late Pliocene to Early Pleistocene; Extinct.
Southern Florida to Virginia.
Original Description (from Conrad, 1832, p. 19):
"Ovate conical, with spiral striae, and minute spiral lines between; ribs or folds elevated, subacute, obsolete on the inferior half of the body whorl.
Locality. James River, near Smithfield, Va. Upper Tertiary."
To access this description in its original formatting through the Biodiversity Heritage Library, click here.
- Early Pleistocene
- Chowan River Formation (VA)
- Late Pliocene
- Duplin / Raysor formations (GA)
- Jackson Bluff Formation (N. FL)
- Tamiami Formation (Pinecrest Beds) (S. FL)
- Yorktown Formation (VA)
- Yorktown Formation (Mogarts Beach Clay) (VA)