Late Pliocene to Middle Pleistocene; Extinct.
Original Description (from Heilprin, 1886, p. 88):
"Shell very slender, gradually tapering; whorls very numerous, doubly carinated, the carinae crenulated or beaded, the upper and lower about equally removed from the upper and basal margins of the whorls respectively, the upper carina frequently appearing double through the presence of a contiguous additional line; shoulder of the whorls prominent, with one or two elevated lines; the concave space between the carinae with two obsoletely crenulated lines, the upper of which is somewhat the more prominent. Aperture quadrangular.
Length of a restored specimen nearly five inches; greatest width, .6 inch.
Common in the banks of the Caloosahatchie below Fort Thompson."