Late Pliocene to Early Pleistocene; Extinct.
Southern Florida to northern Florida.
Original Description (from Heilprin, 1886, p. 71):
"Shell pyruliform, closely inwound, with a short depressed spire; whorls of the spire about five, gently crenated basal y (or above the sutural line); apex papillate.
Body-whorl ventricose, high, convex, sub-angulated above, and to an extent also inferiorly, somewhat nodulose on the rounded shoulders; neither true tubercles nor spines; tendency to nodulation in some cases entirely wanting; aperture of nearly the entire length of the shell, elliptical above, and produced into a long, narrow, straight canal, which is slightly deflected to one side; outer lip strongly lined internally. Columella arcuate, rapidly contracting the aperture at the beginning of the canal; columellar fold not very prominent. The entire surface of the shell covered with closely-placed, moderately elevated, revolving striae, which have a gently sinuous outline, and exhibit a distinct alternation of coarser and finer lines.
Length, 6.5 inches; width, 3.5 inches.
In the banks of the Caloosahatchie, below Fort Thompson."