Late Pliocene to Late Pleistocene; Recent.
Southern Florida to Virginia.
For information on the modern distribution of the species, see Malacolog.
Original Description (from Conrad, 1846, p. 25):
"Fusiform, with revolving ribs alternated in size, and with longitudinal wrinkles; spire elevated, scalariform; base umbilicated; within livid.
Locality. Occurs with the preceeding. [Tampa Bay]"
To access this description in its original formatting through the Biodiversity Heritage Library, click here.
- Middle Pleistocene
- Bermont Formation (S. FL)
- Early Pleistocene
- Caloosahatchee Formation (S. FL)
- Nashua Formation (N. FL)
- Waccamaw Formation (SC, NC)
- Late Pliocene
- Duplin Formation (SC, NC)
- Jackson Bluff Formation (N. FL)
- Raysor Formation (SC)
- Tamiami Formation (Pinecrest Beds) (S. FL)
- Yorktown Formation (VA)