Late Pliocene to Late Pleistocene; Recent.
Southern Florida to North Carolina.
For information on the modern distribution of the species, see Malacolog.
Synonymous with Timoclea grus and Tapes grus Holmes, 1858 (original combination).
- Late Pleistocene
- Anastasia Formation (N. FL)
- Fort Thompson Formation (S. FL)
- Middle Pleistocene
- Bermont Formation (S. FL)
- Canepatch Formation (SC)
- Early Pleistocene
- Bear Bluff Formation (SC)
- Caloosahatchee Formation (S. FL)
- Nashua Formation (N. FL)
- Waccamaw Formation (SC, NC)
- Late Pliocene
- Duplin Formation (NC)
- Jackson Bluff Formation (N. FL)
- Raysor Formation (SC)
- Tamiami Formation (Pinecrest Beds) (S. FL)