Late Miocene to Late Pleistocene; Recent.
Panama to Georgia.
For information on the modern distribution of the species, see Malacolog.
Synonymous with Ostrea equestris Say, 1834.
- Late Pleistocene
- Coffee Mill Hammock Formation (S. FL)
- Fort Thompson Formation (S. FL)
- Pamlico Formation (S. FL, N. FL)
- Satilla Formation? (GA)
- Middle Pleistocene
- Bermont Formation (S. FL)
- Early Pleistocene
- Nashua Formation (N. FL)
- Late Pliocene
- Tamiami Formation (Pinecrest Beds) (S. FL)
- Late Miocene
- Chagres Formation (Panama)
- Gatun Formation (Panama)