Late Pliocene to Early Pleistocene; Extinct.
Southern Florida to Virginia.
Original Description (from Conrad, 1841, p. 357):
"Trigonal, elevated, convex-depressed, ribs about eleven, convex, minutely granulated; posterior extremity angulated. This and the preceeding species belong to the genus Venericardia of Lam."
To access this description in its original formatting through the Biodiversity Heritage Library, click here.
- Early Pleistocene
- Caloosahatchee Formation (S. FL)
- Waccamaw Formation (NC)
- Late Pliocene
- Duplin Formation (SC, NC)
- Duplin / Raysor formations (GA)
- Jackson Bluff Formation (N. FL)
- Raysor Formation (SC)
- Tamiami Formation (Pinecrest Beds) (S. FL)
- Yorktown Formation (VA)